Protection from Hail Damage
It is not easy to prevent a hail-damaged roof. However, you can take specific actions to avoid storm damage. Make sure to manage and clip tree branches to prevent them from hanging over the roof. This way, your home will not be targeted if branches fall. Consider installing hail- and wind-resistant shingles. For example, Class VI shingles have a UL 2218 impact resistance rating. These shingles can withstand the impact of large hailstones and winds up to 177 km/h. Frequently check your roof for deterioration indicators and, if possible, replace any shingles showing signs of weakening.
Will Insurance Cover Hail Damage?
Most homeowner insurance policies do not provide coverage for hail damage. Speak with your insurance provider about the coverage provided by your policy and whether you should consider adding hail insurance. The premium increase may be more than you expect, but if you should suffer hail problems in the future, your hailstorm-damaged roof repairs will be reimbursed by the insurance company. Even if you have insurance, it is always a good idea to check your roofing for damage regularly. Do not wait for a leak to manifest itself before contacting your insurance company. It is always preferable to have your roof repaired before the condition worsens.
If you notice what you believe to be hail damage, call an insurance adjuster to visit your property and thoroughly inspect the shingles, tiles, and metal siding. When working with an insurance provider, it is always a great idea to have as much data as possible at your disposal before you begin.
If your roof has recently been damaged by hail, consider the following:
- Make a note of the precise day and hour you think the storm generated the damage.
- Take photos of any storm damage. It is wise to take photos of the damage from several angles, as well as up close.
- If feasible, take photographs of the hailstones that have fallen on your property. Provide evidence of the diameter of the stones by placing a ruler or other measuring tool next to them.
Precisely what are hailstones, and what kind of damage can they do?
Simply put, hailstones are frozen droplets of water produced during heavy storms. Hailstones may be as tiny as pebbles or as large as golf balls or baseballs, according to the ferocity of the storm. Due to the ice pellets’ size and relatively strong construction, hail can be detrimental to your home’s roof in several ways. These include:
- Soft areas that cannot be seen on asphalt shingles to the naked eye, bruising or denting
- Loosening of the particles on the asphalt shingles’ surface
- Damage to the felt matting that can lead to other fibers being exposed
- Damaging the roof shutters, eaves, and other portions of a metal roof
- Broken tree branches hang over the roof space, causing the portions of the roof to be damaged
What can All American Exteriors do to assist you in repairing your roof?
Every homeowner wants to ensure that their home remains in immaculate condition. Mother Nature, on the other hand, can be rather unforgiving. To protect your property from the elements, you must have a roofing system that can endure the most severe weather conditions. This includes high winds and other extreme weather situations. You must maintain the finest possible state of your roof to ensure that this protection continues. Fortunately, All American Exteriors can connect you with roofing contractors who provide high-quality roofing services at a reasonable price.
There are various reasons why you should choose All American Exteriors as your go-to company for all your home’s roofing requirements. First and foremost, We possess the knowledge and experience necessary to deliver a wide range of roofing services that combine Old World craftsmanship with cutting-edge technologies. In addition, We are a company that places a high value on supplying its customers with cost-effective services that are honestly priced. Homeowners can rest assured that their local roofers and siding contractors appreciate the importance of their homes and are committed to treating them with the care and respect they deserve.
Here are a few reasons why homeowners in Iowa must go to All American Exteriors for roofing repair services:
- In the state of Iowa, All American Exteriors is recognized as one of the most reliable businesses.
- We are a completely licensed and insured business.
- We offer competitive rates, exclusive warranties, and unrivaled customer service.
- Our company provides property owners with a complimentary examination, as well as free estimates.
- We have a team of highly qualified and experienced roofers who take the utmost care with every roofing project.
- We provide emergency roofing services to help you with a variety of roofing concerns.